I got a job! I am a math (yikes) and science teacher. It is a youth in custody facility for girls. I've been in a whirl-wind of lesson plans because I have to prep for a billion lessons everyday. I have about 8 different math lesson plans, ranging from basic math, algebra, and geomety. In biology I only have 3 students, but they are in all different places in the book. For Earth Science, they've also been working at their own pace in the book, but none of them have learned anything about Earth Science. And then I also teach a Finincial Literacy class, where we've been talking about the rule of 72, and saving vs. investing. Blah, I'm ready for a break already.
Austin's job is going great too. We are both so grateful we have work, especially when so many people are strugggling in the employment department. We are truly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hooray for getting a job! I'm happy for you!
congrats on the job. sounds pretty intense, but I'm sure you can handle it.
Congrats again.
I've got to ask if you took my advice though on watching the classics to help you in your new work: Stand and Deliver, Dangerous Minds, Freedom Writers, etc? And have you rapped Gangster's Paradise yet? I hope. Without watching the movies and rapping the tunes, you'll just never connect with these kids... ;-)
YAY! That is great news. You'll do great!
Hot dog!!! I bet you will be great. Don't let them sass you :)
Love ya and best wishes,
Heidi
Good luck with your new job! I'm sure you will have some great stories. See you soon!
Julie
Thanks, everyone. Jeremy, I have not watched the classics YET. In due time -- and YES I have rapped Gangter's Paradise. They always ask me to rap, but I get embarassed. One day I'm just totally going to bust it out and do the whole song.
Jessica, your blog is fun. I am glad you found a job! I remember when we lived together and you decided to switch majors so you could be a biology teacher. It looks like it paid off.
Post a Comment