Sunday, May 31, 2009

Where should we go?


Austin and I are thinking of getting out of town sometime. We would like to go somewhere different, new, and maybe a little quarky. We couldn't think of any place super cool so we thought we would get some ideas from our friends and family. So it's a contest!

Give us some ideas of places we could visit.
Destinations cannot go east of Colorado (so only these states: CA, WA, OR, UT, ID, MT, NV, AZ, NM, CO, WY).
You can submit any number of ideas.
The wining idea will receive a KICK-BUTT souvenir from our trip.

Be creative!!

14 comments:

Lance said...

I love Bozeman, MT. Just saying.

Jeremy said...

I've heard lots of good things about the OR coast...

Snake said...

Lake Tahoe is amazing.

Jessica said...

excellent. but, i know nothing about these places. what is there to do there?

RCB said...

SF, Yosemite, or tahoe, that way you can visit me. second choice: seattle

Kris Doman said...

Rulon's family visited some really awesome caves in Carlsbad, NM. He says they are huge caves filled with bats (yeah, educational trip!) There isn't much around it, but it would be really quirky and cool, I think! Here's a site about them: http://www.nps.gov/cave/

Kris Doman said...

Of course you could always go to Disneyland with us for Ruster's birthday (July 25)... Not quirky, but definitely a must since Austin's never been...

Kris Doman said...

OH, Just my humble opinion, Tahoe is alright but not fantastic... I know I'll probably get lynched by some of your friends for saying it, but that's what I think.

Jessica said...

Lynch her!! Just kidding. these are great suggestions, and way better ideas than what me and Austin were thinking of. Keep em comming.

nange said...

Nothing is as quirky as Arkansas. But since you refuse to go further east than CO, South Dakota has some cool stuff: Sturgis Motorcycle rally, the Badlands, Wall Drug (their bison burgers and homeade donuts are to DIE for) then there's the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore, lots to do in a little area.

nange said...

Apparently my geography could use help. SD is east of Colorado ( I was thinking it was just north) But it is the same drive time as California. You should ask Ruth about the trained chickens at the reptile farm. Oh and there's the mystic cabin. Pretty weird.

Heidi and Maxwell said...

Okay, I've got it...

Southern Oregon has a place called Crater Lake National Park. It is the 7th deepest lake in the world and the deepest in the US. Check out the site for more info. http://www.nps.gov/crla
And if you go on June 20-21 or July 18-19 or Aug. 15-16, there is no entrance fee. Also it is 100 miles from the Pacific Ocean which isn't too far. I've heard amazing things about the Oregon coast.

Be sure to visit this site for free entrances to national parks

http://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm

Hope this helps
Love ya
Heidi

Lance said...

Fly fishing on the Galatin and Madison River in Bozeman. Hot springs in neighboring towns.

Ruth H. said...

I take offense that you won't travel East of Colorado. What's more quirky than visiting the actual filming location of the best basketball movie ever: "Hoosiers"? I'll tell you what is quirkier: Wall Drug Store in Wall, SD and the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD. It is my opinion that South Dakota is THE location for quirky fun. The Oregon coast is gorgeous, and we loved every minute there, but you'll laugh harder in SD.