Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Recent Happenings

This is what we have been doing as of late.

We had Jessica's family down for V-day celebration
I took this pic of Fairview while snowshoeing
We cut down our own Christmas tree (I know this is a little late)
Walking out to get our tree
I made a giant snowman
Overall, this has been a pretty eventful winter so far. By the way, if you are ever going to cut down your own Christmas tree, you should plan ahead and make sure that after walking 1/2mile, you have charged the batteries for your battery powered chainsaw. Please try to cut the tree down before it gets dark, otherwise on the way back to the car your Levi's turn to ice pants. Also, try to cut a tree so that you don't have to carry it 1/2mile back to the car. Just a few tips from a seasoned pro. I would also like to add that for the V-day celebration Jessica made aprons for each of our nieces and nephews. I have the best wife in the world!!

4 comments:

Jesse C said...

Wow. Some good times, and good tree cutting tips.

Julie said...

Love the Christmas tree story. I can only imagine the two of you hiking for miles while dragging your tree. Classic. Jessica, you are incredible. Way to go on sewing so many aprons!

Kris Doman said...

Yeah, ok, the apron thing totally blew me away! I'm now groaning that I didn't make them all line up for a photo with them all in it. I will post some of the cookie photos on my FB for you guys - stay tuned!

Heidi and Maxwell said...

Nicely done on the aprons Jess. The tree story is hilarious...live and learn. ;)
Love ya
Heidi