WIN-WIN-LOSEWell, I went to court today to fight a speeding ticket that I got about a month ago. When I got there they had me talk to the Prosecuting Attorney in the hall and between the two of use we worked something out. Apparently the law states that if the speed is not posted and you are within city limits, then the speed is 25 mph. I was also being charged with not updating my drivers license which is lame because as a student you move every 4 months.
Anyway,
Win # 1 - I was able to get them to drop the charge of not updating my license, which carries a $40 fee.
Win #2 - I am going to take to driving class to be able to keep all of this off of my record so I will not have any problems with my insurance.
Lose #1 - I still had to pay $107, $82 for the ticket which they did lower to the cheapest amount, Win #3, and $25 for the class.
Overall, it pays to try and take down the man even though they still get their money.
Austin
3 comments:
I'm surprised you got as much out of them as you did, but I told you they always win!
Updating your license though? I didn't even know you could get a ticket for that...are you sure they didn't make that up to see if you'd fall for it? Lame-ohs.
At least you put up a fight. What would've been cool though is if you would've flipped out and started throwing stuff in the courtroom and cursing a lot-that would've shown them you meant business!
What is up with Logan?!? I swear, Jared got ~5 tickets there and none since. Apparently cops in other cities have better things to do than pick on poor college kids. grrrr...kudos for your wins anyway!
"Crime doesn't pay"
--Gramps
If you don't recall, Gramps said this as part of the '03 fam. reunion video when he nearly ran Brinley over while he was riding his little cart.
Loves: Heidi
Post a Comment