Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Is this what the kids are listening to these days?

I checked out this band after one of my students said it was awesome. This student also loves Avenged Sevenfold. Need I say more? This is probably the worst music video I've ever seen. It compares to vomiting. From the Zoolander faces to the rainbows, wow. It's a little too Pete Wentz for me. Make sure you let it buffer so you can get the full effect of the awkward dancing.


10 comments:

Snake said...

This video pissed me off on so many levels:

1. Who makes the music?
2. Who signs them to a label?
3. Who lets them dance like that on the video?
4. Whose idea were the rainbows?
5. Stupid emo hair/pants/etc.
6. W.T.F.?!?!?!?!

Thanks for pissing me off, Jessica! ;)

Brad K. said...

I like the screamer dude. He looks way out of place and uncomfortable.

Don't you guys live in a small town? I'm not imagining that small town kids would be super cutting-edge with music and stuff. I guess I could be wrong though. Its cool that they want to share music with you. Always encourage them to be stoked on what they like because thats whats most important.

Jesse C said...

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone (male or female) prance around so much in a video.

That was pretty much awful.

I think the screamer kid is actually just trying to communicate how pissed he is to be in such a sissy band.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you guys are talking about. It was brilliant. The next Beatles. Intelligent. Original. Simply amazing.

Heidi and Maxwell said...

If you close your eyes, about 30 seconds of the chorus is good....
then the random screaming begins. The video itself is so awful!
Heidi

Austin said...

Everyone has given me crap for screaming at shows with my hand over my mouth, but that is nothing compared to the "father figure" (screamer guy looks like he could be skinny dudes dad) in the video holding onto his jacket. Great post Jess!

Jessica said...

To Brad's comment, my student come from all over the state. Ya, I just tell my students that they are good listening so I get brownie points. There are some bands I will not pretend to like. For example, Tool or System of a Down.

Snake said...

I'm sorry, but Tool and System of a Down are both incredibly better than the band portrayed in this video. I don't listen to them, but they are way better. If you choose a band to pretend to like, either of those would be a better choice than this rubbish.

Jessica said...

Just not my thing. Way talented, but I don't like that kind of music. Same with mainstream country music.

Bridgett said...

How did Dusty get to be the lead singer of such a hip band?

The floating racoon and giraffe were a nice touch.